Amaranth Scanlations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amaranth Scanlations forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Revival of 80's Music?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
olinatasha

Revival of 80's Music? Empty
PostSubject: Revival of 80's Music?   Revival of 80's Music? EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 11:05 am

I don't know if it's just me, but I keep hearing a lot of teens listening to 80's songs on their ipods/mp3 players. Not to age myself, but I was going through high school in the 80's. So, when I hear those songs I'm very familiar with, it surprises me. Teens are listening to current stuff, too, don't get me wrong. It's just that they are also listening to those popular tunes from the 80's. And a lot of them.

I teach at a high school that has music played in between the periods and before morning announcements. It's always a collection of different songs chosen by the students who are giving the announcements each day. Lately there have been many songs from the 80's mixed in with current tunes. I watch the students' reactions to these older songs and they like them! I was surprised at first, but when I thought of it more I realized that when I was a teen in the 80's I also listened to songs from the 70's and even late 60's. Those are actually my favorites. If anything, I thought they would listen to 90's stuff at the oldest though.

What do you guys think?

What have you observed?

What are you listening to in your area?
Back to top Go down
shinouyuki

shinouyuki

PostSubject: Re: Revival of 80's Music?   Revival of 80's Music? EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 5:10 pm

I think I heard someone commenting like that a while ago too. We went on a trip with my mom's coworkers and they said something like "but you know, many of the kids today sing some of our songs" xD not as old as 70s.. more like 80s to 90s. Some like revived songs, I think and they refer to others as classics.

It might be due to the mood of others--like they hear the new songs too much so they want a change--or they're a super fan of the cool singers before xD

The trend in karaoke singing is to sing... o.o well they first sung those high songs that old people used to sing... then some people plug in the pop songs of our generation... then some old english songs... until it was already 3am and they were singing boy band songs xD (karaoke time = 6pm to 6am xD)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/teshinouyuki
zhafire

PostSubject: Re: Revival of 80's Music?   Revival of 80's Music? EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 5:34 pm

I really like 80's music and lately I've heard more and more remakes of music from that era! I know they now give it some more funky sounds and all, but it just means that real classics never die!!!
Back to top Go down
SkieDragon

PostSubject: Re: Revival of 80's Music?   Revival of 80's Music? EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 6:20 pm

They can butcher kill meme all the 80's pop glam music that they want as long as they stay away form the classic rock/classic metal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Revival of 80's Music?   Revival of 80's Music? Empty

Back to top Go down

Revival of 80's Music?
Page 1 of 1