Amaranth Scanlations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amaranth Scanlations forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

hi, there!good evening to everyone!:)(oh my gosh!i'm so new to this!>.<)

Go down 
+3
Amarante
shinouyuki
akira_lake26
7 posters
AuthorMessage
akira_lake26

hi, there!good evening to everyone!:)(oh my gosh!i'm so new to this!>.<) Empty
PostSubject: hi, there!good evening to everyone!:)(oh my gosh!i'm so new to this!>.<)   hi, there!good evening to everyone!:)(oh my gosh!i'm so new to this!>.<) EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 7:32 am

[justify]
Hello.. I'm Akira Lake.. My real name is Sheena Mae.How're you all here?:) I was just about to read one of your works/projects..entitled "THE PEARL BLUE STORY" on a certain popular manga site.. I was looking for a "group" like yours. I am interested on projects like yours and somehow wanted to help but i need to research and study some things in order to do that. I was kind of hesitant though, for many reasons, like my skills, my age, the such.. I hope you understand me there.
It's my first time to ever do this.Please bear with me.hehehe I find it embarassing to introduce myself but here it goes.

Well, i'm a female..22..from Philippines..5 feet 5 inches tall, i'm a teacher who really loves to read, especially manga.. I love to eat, sleep, mingle with other people, tend the garden, adventures, read and learn so many things.:) I also like to draw, listen to music, watch nature, observe people and events. Other than the degree, I also took basic short courses of culinary arts, housekeeping, and computer hardware. My performance was not that exemplary though. hehehe

I hope you can teach me stuffs that'll enable me to help the group,too. I'd like to know you,as well and be friends. I hope it's ok.:0) It's nice to be with you all.^^
Back to top Go down
shinouyuki

shinouyuki

PostSubject: Re: hi, there!good evening to everyone!:)(oh my gosh!i'm so new to this!>.<)   hi, there!good evening to everyone!:)(oh my gosh!i'm so new to this!>.<) EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 10:10 am

Oooh hello there! I'm also from the Philippines! How cool :) call me shinouyuki and I kind of prefer to hide my real name :D I'm 20 and am a student in College :)

The pearl blue story was actually a short story our translator recommended to us so it was done on a whim, I think :) but it was definitely interesting xD I think our group started with manhua and manhwa (since they seem so popular and updated nowadays xD and the manga are usually recommended xD)

I understand what you mean about being shy but I don't think those things should hinder you from trying out scanlating, which is fun in a way since we both love manga xD anyway we're happy to meet you and we could try to help you learn some things we know :D it's nice to meet you xD (and the others will reply too in their own timezone xD)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/teshinouyuki
Amarante

Amarante

PostSubject: Re: hi, there!good evening to everyone!:)(oh my gosh!i'm so new to this!>.<)   hi, there!good evening to everyone!:)(oh my gosh!i'm so new to this!>.<) EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 10:25 am

Hiii nice to meet you. I'm Amarante. You can call me ama-chan if you want. Can I call you Akira-chan? XD

I'm a 14 year old girl who is Asian. I love to watch dramas, listen to k-pop and read mangas. My favorite color is purple and blue. Um, what else is there... oh I'm currently thinking about what I want my career to be when I get older. I used to want to be a teacher but changed by mind since I'm the type of person that ideas come quick to but gets bored with it as quick as it came.

I think we'll be able to get along well with each other. Are able to help you with the skills and stuff but what do you want your position to be?

Well, I'm gotta get up and get ready to go shopping! Yay I recieved my first payment yesterday and it feels AWESOME! ^_^
Back to top Go down
likeCookies

likeCookies

PostSubject: Re: hi, there!good evening to everyone!:)(oh my gosh!i'm so new to this!>.<)   hi, there!good evening to everyone!:)(oh my gosh!i'm so new to this!>.<) EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 11:10 am

Hello Akira! Nice to meet you!
Like on the other forum you can call me Cookie or Cookie-chan, just call me what you want. ~

When I was a kid I wanted to be a teacher too! But now I don't know what I want to be in the future... But I have still time to think about it. :3

What do you teach? ^_^

And if you have a question you can always ask! :D

Back to top Go down
KimmyKat

KimmyKat

PostSubject: Re: hi, there!good evening to everyone!:)(oh my gosh!i'm so new to this!>.<)   hi, there!good evening to everyone!:)(oh my gosh!i'm so new to this!>.<) EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 12:23 pm

Hiya ate Akira~ I'm KimmyKat or KKat. :) Welcome to Ama Scans!

I'm flippy too! But I haven't been to the Phils. in 6 years D; I have no patience and I'm pretty bad with kids, so a teacher isn't the most suitable job for me. But I want to become a surgeon now! Ha... It seems hard :c

^From all the replies, we're really happy to have you here at Ama! Hope to see you around and good luck with learning how to edit and things kekeke~
Back to top Go down
Shiro

Shiro

PostSubject: Re: hi, there!good evening to everyone!:)(oh my gosh!i'm so new to this!>.<)   hi, there!good evening to everyone!:)(oh my gosh!i'm so new to this!>.<) EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 1:30 pm

Yay! New person! Hi~

I'm Shiro (I don't have a real name. Ooooh... j/k). XD Random Asian 14-year-old from California. I wanted to be a teacher when I was younger (along with other weird things, like an innkeeper, an astronaut, etc...), but now I'm not too sure. You should come and help us in any way you could, though. Help is always welcome :D

You could recommend new series if we ever finish the ones we're on right now. XD
Back to top Go down
akira_lake26

PostSubject: Re: hi, there!good evening to everyone!:)(oh my gosh!i'm so new to this!>.<)   hi, there!good evening to everyone!:)(oh my gosh!i'm so new to this!>.<) EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 11:37 pm

(Oooh hello there! I'm also from the Philippines! How cool :) call me shinouyuki and I kind of prefer to hide my real name :D I'm 20 and am a student in College :)

The pearl blue story was actually a short story our translator recommended to us so it was done on a whim, I think :) but it was definitely interesting xD I think our group started with manhua and manhwa (since they seem so popular and updated nowadays xD and the manga are usually recommended xD)

I understand what you mean about being shy but I don't think those things should hinder you from trying out scanlating, which is fun in a way since we both love manga xD anyway we're happy to meet you and we could try to help you learn some things we know :D it's nice to meet you xD (and the others will reply too in their own timezone xD))

[/i]

Reply:

--Hey there!good morning to you,Shinouyuki, my co-Pinoy friend:) Oh,it’s ok..I don’t mind. :) Good for you that you’re studying. I hope that life’s been good to you.

Yes, it was interesting, leaving you a mysterious feeling that makes you want to know what would happen next. I like one-shots when I’m in a hurry but want to read something. When I have the luxury of time, I want to read serialized manga and manhwa:P I prefer reading over watching them in a video,hehehe

Thank you,Shinouyuki. I’m also happy that I get to meet and know people like you,us, who’re interested in the same things! Thank you so much for giving me an open hand, I would like to ask the description of the tasks of a cleaner. My younger brother intends to help me too with some technicalities, so, I’m happy!^^
Back to top Go down
akira_lake26

PostSubject: Re: hi, there!good evening to everyone!:)(oh my gosh!i'm so new to this!>.<)   hi, there!good evening to everyone!:)(oh my gosh!i'm so new to this!>.<) EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 11:47 pm

(Hiii nice to meet you. I'm Amarante. You can call me ama-chan if you want. Can I call you Akira-chan? XD

I'm a 14 year old girl who is Asian. I love to watch dramas, listen to k-pop and read mangas. My favorite color is purple and blue. Um, what else is there... oh I'm currently thinking about what I want my career to be when I get older. I used to want to be a teacher but changed by mind since I'm the type of person that ideas come quick to but gets bored with it as quick as it came.

I think we'll be able to get along well with each other. Are able to help you with the skills and stuff but what do you want your position to be?

Well, I'm gotta get up and get ready to go shopping! Yay I recieved my first payment yesterday and it feels AWESOME! ^_^)

Reply:

Good morning to you, Ama-chan! Congratulations on your first payment!:) I remember also my first payment, I gave half of it to my mother and the other half, I treated my family and friends, and myself, of course.:)

Yes, anything’s fine. Wow! You’re so young! Same here, I love dramas, k-pop music, and mangas. I do like blue,also..and green. ‘Bout your career, well, take your time. I didn’t expect to be a teacher, I’ve always wanted to be a scientist or a doctor.hehehe It's not too late for me, though. Just enjoy what you have and what you're doing right now.

Thank you, Ama-chan. I would like to be a cleaner. Would it be fine? What are the requirements for me to begin?

Have a good day!^^
Back to top Go down
akira_lake26

PostSubject: Re: hi, there!good evening to everyone!:)(oh my gosh!i'm so new to this!>.<)   hi, there!good evening to everyone!:)(oh my gosh!i'm so new to this!>.<) EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 11:58 pm

(Hello Akira! Nice to meet you!
Like on the other forum you can call me Cookie or Cookie-chan, just call me what you want. ~

When I was a kid I wanted to be a teacher too! But now I don't know what I want to be in the future... But I have still time to think about it. :3

What do you teach? ^_^

And if you have a question you can always ask! :D)

Reply:

Hi, Cookie-chan! It’s nice to meet you, too!^^,

Wow! I just can’t believe that people did reply to my post, oh my gosh!

Yeah, you got a lot of time. But when you do decide, take into account your interests, strengths and weaknesses. I hope it helps.

I teach Science subjects. I taught, Integrated Science, Biology, Chemistry and Physics. Currently, I’m teaching Natural Science, mainly about Earth and Environmental Science in a college in our locale. It sounds boring, but every day in class is fun! I love my students!♥

Thanks a lot! Oh.. I will ask a lot!hahahaha
Take care!Cookie-chan!
Back to top Go down
akira_lake26

PostSubject: Re: hi, there!good evening to everyone!:)(oh my gosh!i'm so new to this!>.<)   hi, there!good evening to everyone!:)(oh my gosh!i'm so new to this!>.<) EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 12:10 am

(Hiya ate Akira~ I'm KimmyKat or KKat. :) Welcome to Ama Scans!

I'm flippy too! But I haven't been to the Phils. in 6 years D; I have no patience and I'm pretty bad with kids, so a teacher isn't the most suitable job for me. But I want to become a surgeon now! Ha... It seems hard :c

^From all the replies, we're really happy to have you here at Ama! Hope to see you around and good luck with learning how to edit and things kekeke~)

Whoah! You called me Ate! hehehe thank you, Kat!^^,

Philippines is still Philippines, may I know if you still have other relatives here? And where? It’s been so long! Come visit our country again.:) My father's working there at Canada with my cousin and uncle!There're at Alberta.

Well, that’s alright. At first, I don’t’ know where to get the unfathomable patience needed to teach, but one can learn and gain it..It’ll come with understanding of teaching and learning as you go through each task. My best friend is now studying as a doctor, she said it’s difficult. But she’s not giving up! So, if you really want to, go for it! You can still choose to become whatever you want. May God guide you.

Yes, I’m super duper happy with so many replies! Thank you so much everyone! Thank you Ama~! Thank you,may I be of help to the group.

See you next time!:)

Back to top Go down
Amarante

Amarante

PostSubject: Re: hi, there!good evening to everyone!:)(oh my gosh!i'm so new to this!>.<)   hi, there!good evening to everyone!:)(oh my gosh!i'm so new to this!>.<) EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 12:18 am

Noooo! I have to rewrote everything because it got deleted! Stupid iPod!

Basically to summerize what I just wrote, that's exactly what i did with my first paycheck. Giving half to my mom, buying my friends and family food, and presents. There's basically nothing left now TT.TT

I also wanted to be a doctor and scientist beofor, but that idea didn't last that long. Right now, I'm interested in working in those drama company like jyp, but I don't want to be a stylist, manager, or director... do you happen to know what those office people do?

Yup! Being a cleaner is totally fine. We also really need cleaners at the moment too. Do you have experience with cleaning and using Photoshop? It's okay if you don't, we could teach you ^_^
Back to top Go down
KimmyKat

KimmyKat

PostSubject: Re: hi, there!good evening to everyone!:)(oh my gosh!i'm so new to this!>.<)   hi, there!good evening to everyone!:)(oh my gosh!i'm so new to this!>.<) EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 12:45 am

akira_lake26 wrote:

(Hiya ate Akira~ I'm KimmyKat or KKat. :) Welcome to Ama Scans!

^From all the replies, we're really happy to have you here at Ama! Hope to see you around and good luck with learning how to edit and things kekeke~)

Whoah! You called me Ate! hehehe thank you, Kat!^^,

Philippines is still Philippines, may I know if you still have other relatives here? And where? It’s been so long! Come visit our country again.:) My father's working there at Canada with my cousin and uncle!There're at Alberta.

Well, that’s alright. At first, I don’t’ know where to get the unfathomable patience needed to teach, but one can learn and gain it..It’ll come with understanding of teaching and learning as you go through each task. My best friend is now studying as a doctor, she said it’s difficult. But she’s not giving up! So, if you really want to, go for it! You can still choose to become whatever you want. May God guide you.

Yes, I’m super duper happy with so many replies! Thank you so much everyone! Thank you Ama~! Thank you,may I be of help to the group.

See you next time!:)

Hahaha well I could call you Akira-chan instead? Seems kind of disrespectful but I'm up for whatever you want. Alberta?! Really now... What a coincidence! I'm actually based in Calgary :P Hurray for Cowtown~ xD

My dad's side still resides in the Phils. and so do my grandparents. The rest are overseas. My mom is from Pangasinan/Tagaytay/Manila while my dad is from Cavite. I've always lived in Manila, so I'm a city girl at heart.

Since Ama-chan is willing to teach, go for it! We'd love to have you on the team soon~ Ahhh my reply is so short. I have to start packing T~T Anyways, good luck and see you soon!
Back to top Go down
akira_lake26

PostSubject: Re: hi, there!good evening to everyone!:)(oh my gosh!i'm so new to this!>.<)   hi, there!good evening to everyone!:)(oh my gosh!i'm so new to this!>.<) EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 12:50 am

(Yay! New person! Hi~

I'm Shiro (I don't have a real name. Ooooh... j/k). XD Random Asian 14-year-old from California. I wanted to be a teacher when I was younger (along with other weird things, like an innkeeper, an astronaut, etc...), but now I'm not too sure. You should come and help us in any way you could, though. Help is always welcome :D

You could recommend new series if we ever finish the ones we're on right now. XD)

Oh my gosh!Hi!Shiro! You’re so cute!>.< I think. Hehehe
Oh, I envy you guys..still young and all. Wow! You’re also an Asian! Cool!
Well, you can take all the time you need. I bet that you’ll be great whether you’d be an astronaut, innkeeper, teacher, etc. I know you’ll give it all you’ve got.:)
Thank you, Shiro. I am thinking that, I would like to be a part of these mangas/manhwas, I would like to be of help to the people behind it instead of just reading your projects.
Sure! I’ll do my best. I’ll research and recommend them to you. ‘Hope I’d find a good one. >.<

I'm looking forward for the next chapters of Noblesse, Skip Beat, Dengeki Daisy, Gakuen Alice, Stray Love Hearts, Strobe Edge, Hapi Mari, and many more!>.<

^To all of you, thank you, oh, so much! Mwahh! You’ve welcomed me warmly! I'm so glad to be here at Amaranth! I hope all of us will have a great time here! Au revoir!^
Back to top Go down
akira_lake26

PostSubject: Re: hi, there!good evening to everyone!:)(oh my gosh!i'm so new to this!>.<)   hi, there!good evening to everyone!:)(oh my gosh!i'm so new to this!>.<) EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 12:52 am

Well, at least, you got an I-pod!:) Me, I’m being patient with this laptop, hahaha.

Wow! That’s great. Oh, well. That’s all right. That happened to me, too. Hehehe Eventually, I ask my mother for my daily allowance until my next pay! hahaha Now, I can budget my money and save some. I was so happy the time I opened my first bank account! Oh my gosh! I know you’ll be ok.

That’s good! Stick to your interests and to things that make you happy.;)
Ahh, you mean the staff. You want to be one of them, then, I think you should have the skills to do their work. You may study MassComm, or anything related to media. Do you happen to know a person working in a similar company or environment? You can also attend trainings and workshop, I just don’t know, if you have them there or even here. Hehehe Hey, or do you want to be a scriptwriter or the such? Oh my, what am I talking about?@.@

Yay! Ahh, I only know few things about the photoshop, but we have that program here at home. My younger brother knows lots of things about it,though. He sometimes draws manga and posts it on a certain manga site. He wants to teach me,too. But he’s kind of busy with his studies. He's studying Hotel and Restaurant Management, by the way. He cooks good food.

Then, can you instruct me of what to do next? What kind of photoshop do I need?

Thanks for the reply Ama-chan!:)
Back to top Go down
akira_lake26

PostSubject: Re: hi, there!good evening to everyone!:)(oh my gosh!i'm so new to this!>.<)   hi, there!good evening to everyone!:)(oh my gosh!i'm so new to this!>.<) EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 1:00 am

Ate Akira's fine with me,Kat.:) Thank you! Yes, they're all there at your place. They're working at Foothills Landscaping.. hahaha Hurray for Cowtown!:D I know that the place is great there and the people,too!

Ahh, you're all from Luzon. We're down under, at Mindanao. I'm from General Santos City, where Pacquiao came from.:) I'm a half country and city girl. ahahaha Is there such a thing?

Yes, thank you, Ama-chan!:)

That's fine, thank you for taking time to reply, Kat! To you as well, good luck, God bless you, take care..and see you around!^^

I got to prepare for this afternoon, too. See you soon,guys!mwahhh!
Back to top Go down
Shiro

Shiro

PostSubject: Re: hi, there!good evening to everyone!:)(oh my gosh!i'm so new to this!>.<)   hi, there!good evening to everyone!:)(oh my gosh!i'm so new to this!>.<) EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 11:30 am

akira_lake26 wrote:

Oh my gosh!Hi!Shiro! You’re so cute!>.< I think. Hehehe
Oh, I envy you guys..still young and all. Wow! You’re also an Asian! Cool!
Well, you can take all the time you need. I bet that you’ll be great whether you’d be an astronaut, innkeeper, teacher, etc. I know you’ll give it all you’ve got.:)
Thank you, Shiro. I am thinking that, I would like to be a part of these mangas/manhwas, I would like to be of help to the people behind it instead of just reading your projects.
Sure! I’ll do my best. I’ll research and recommend them to you. ‘Hope I’d find a good one. >.<

I'm looking forward for the next chapters of Noblesse, Skip Beat, Dengeki Daisy, Gakuen Alice, Stray Love Hearts, Strobe Edge, Hapi Mari, and many more!>.<

^To all of you, thank you, oh, so much! Mwahh! You’ve welcomed me warmly! I'm so glad to be here at Amaranth! I hope all of us will have a great time here! Au revoir!^

Help is much needed and wanted around here, lol. XD
And yeah, we're all sort of on the "young" side. But then, we have so much energy, I think that makes up for our age.
Hug
Back to top Go down
Amarante

Amarante

PostSubject: Re: hi, there!good evening to everyone!:)(oh my gosh!i'm so new to this!>.<)   hi, there!good evening to everyone!:)(oh my gosh!i'm so new to this!>.<) EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 7:18 pm

Since I didn't make the actual cleaners' test yet, do this one instead: http://www.mediafire.com/?4qu17w8u9fu8e6p

Note:
-crop the 2 in 1 pages and save them separately
- use dodge/burn tool to clean off dust, whiten or darken
- levels
- resize width: 730 px
- grayscale

Back to top Go down
likeCookies

likeCookies

PostSubject: Re: hi, there!good evening to everyone!:)(oh my gosh!i'm so new to this!>.<)   hi, there!good evening to everyone!:)(oh my gosh!i'm so new to this!>.<) EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 5:21 pm

akira_lake26 wrote:
(Hello Akira! Nice to meet you!

What do you teach? ^_^

And if you have a question you can always ask! :D)

Reply:

Hi, Cookie-chan! It’s nice to meet you, too!^^,

Wow! I just can’t believe that people did reply to my post, oh my gosh!

Yeah, you got a lot of time. But when you do decide, take into account your interests, strengths and weaknesses. I hope it helps.

I teach Science subjects. I taught, Integrated Science, Biology, Chemistry and Physics. Currently, I’m teaching Natural Science, mainly about Earth and Environmental Science in a college in our locale. It sounds boring, but every day in class is fun! I love my students!♥

Thanks a lot! Oh.. I will ask a lot!hahahaha
Take care!Cookie-chan!

hahaha of course, we always welcome new people. ^__^
Yeah I'll remember!
Really? You even like manga! omg I'm sure you are a cool teacher!
Very different from my teachers, if they talk I want to sleep. -.-
Woah that's nice that you love you're students!
Sometimes I think some of my teachers hates me. T__T

hahaha okay, I'm glad if I can help you!
Back to top Go down
woolexs

PostSubject: Re: hi, there!good evening to everyone!:)(oh my gosh!i'm so new to this!>.<)   hi, there!good evening to everyone!:)(oh my gosh!i'm so new to this!>.<) EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 6:54 pm

welcome to forum and enjoy :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hi, there!good evening to everyone!:)(oh my gosh!i'm so new to this!>.<)   hi, there!good evening to everyone!:)(oh my gosh!i'm so new to this!>.<) Empty

Back to top Go down

hi, there!good evening to everyone!:)(oh my gosh!i'm so new to this!>.<)
Page 1 of 1