Amaranth Scanlations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amaranth Scanlations forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What kind of genre's do you like?

Go down 
+44
lwamaranth
Ritinha
DANG
triny
aikoaiko
dream~
kmits
momijifox
bvanessa
Hrarterick
amiyumi888
m00nan6el
IMustBeInsane
blwlb
imeekimiee
linnil
KimmyKat
rurihoshi
Shiro
beenz
Geos
shoujomaniac
chaos7angel
kalliniki
Mel
sugarkitty
eclipse100
classicorner
kanameskye
Zumi
fulllm00n
shinouyuki
tchayna
zhafire
cimocwonder
charismadoll
skyline11
kawaiiusagichan
olinatasha
Getsuga_10shou
Ferbalover
Amarante
foreverfree123
KrimzonStirker
48 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
KrimzonStirker

What kind of genre's do you like?  Empty
PostSubject: What kind of genre's do you like?    What kind of genre's do you like?  EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 6:50 pm

I guess I'll kick things off with the most basic questions and ask what's in the title above. So, which genre's do you prefer. Romance, shoujo, shounen, mystery, etc? I tend to like series that mixes things up from what you typically expect, shoujo psychological, or shoujo mystery like Gosick and Bungaku Shoujo among others off the top of my head. Skip Beat also fits into that category at times. So, how about the rest of you?
Back to top Go down
foreverfree123

PostSubject: Re: What kind of genre's do you like?    What kind of genre's do you like?  EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 8:41 pm

I prefer fantasy manga with a strong female lead. A girl who could kick ass and could take cake of her self. I loved Basara, Red River , Kanata Kara and may other manga similar to that sort. I cannot stand manga with weak heroines that need a man to save them.. :x
Back to top Go down
Amarante

Amarante

PostSubject: Re: What kind of genre's do you like?    What kind of genre's do you like?  EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 8:52 pm

@Foreverfree123: Oo, doesn't that sound like you also like Hwang Mi Ri's works? Idk. Strong heroines just reminds me of her series. I could never never know which one is which one because almost all her plots are kind of similar, I still like her works. ^_^

Have you Special A? The heroine is strong there as well. XD

@Krim: I like series that has romance or shoujo. Hehe, I'm romance crazy. Sometimes when I get tired of all the lovely dovely, I would like to read something that has no shoujo, but still a tiny bet of romance. Fairy tale, Nobless (not sure of that's how you spell it) and Bride of the Water God are the ones I love that is not shoujo. I recommend them to you if you like magic, and strong bond of friendship. ^_^
Back to top Go down
foreverfree123

PostSubject: Re: What kind of genre's do you like?    What kind of genre's do you like?  EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 9:12 pm

Well I Do like some of Hwang Mi Ri's works but they get boring... i am interested in Advent of Snow White of the Hell it seems promising.

Well i like stong heriones but the classy ones.Some of Hwang Mi Ri's heriones get on my nerves. They are too nasty.

I enjoy reading now Hana no Kishi and Noblese! :face:
Back to top Go down
KrimzonStirker

PostSubject: Re: What kind of genre's do you like?    What kind of genre's do you like?  EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 1:05 am

Shounen romances are pretty hard to come by honestly. I do know a few though even they are a little bear.
Back to top Go down
Ferbalover

PostSubject: Re: What kind of genre's do you like?    What kind of genre's do you like?  EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 8:52 pm

I'm like foreverfree123 I love all those mangas that she said and I love it when the heroine actually tries to take care of herself
Back to top Go down
Getsuga_10shou

PostSubject: Re: What kind of genre's do you like?    What kind of genre's do you like?  EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 5:52 am

The main genre I read, are romance ones... but mostly those that are combined with 'shoujo' or 'josei' genres :)

I rarely read 'shounen' genres.. :P
Well, I am female after all, hehe ^^
Back to top Go down
olinatasha

PostSubject: Re: What kind of genre's do you like?    What kind of genre's do you like?  EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 4:24 pm

I like quite a few genres. My favorites are yaoi and shounen-ai, probably because they are usually very angty and you never have a whiny female protagonist. Of course there are always smexy hot men. However, I love many shoujo, too. I like strong female protagonists. They don't have to kick ass, but at least have to have a strong independent personality. I love fantasy and even sci-fi, mystery, and even comedy, romance is always good in any story. Not really into horror though. I like shounen and even seinen because I like action and a good sword fight. I don't really like yuri; at least I haven't found a story I like yet. I do like stories about kings/queens/knights and whatnot, too. I love Cantarella for example, kind of shounen-ai and shoujo, lots of political intrique...gotta love political intrigue! Gosh, after all this I guess it's safe to say that I love 'em all (except horror, hate being frightened).
Back to top Go down
kawaiiusagichan

PostSubject: Re: What kind of genre's do you like?    What kind of genre's do you like?  EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 12:49 pm

I love shoujo and shounen, and the occassional josei and seinen!

Ah, but I don't like yaoi or yuri.

As for more specific genres, I love historical and fantasy. But I'll read anything else if the story is good. Sometimes I'll read historical stories just for the art, because I love seeing pretty girls in kimono or chinese clothes like Hua Quan.
Back to top Go down
skyline11

PostSubject: Re: What kind of genre's do you like?    What kind of genre's do you like?  EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 2:04 pm

Definitely shoujo!! =p I love heartwarming plots that tug at your heart a bit..but have a happy ending. =p Comedies are great, too!
Back to top Go down
charismadoll

PostSubject: Re: What kind of genre's do you like?    What kind of genre's do you like?  EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 4:38 pm

I love Shounen like One Piece, Naruto, D.Gray-Man, Gintama etc. Basically something that have interesting characters and touching plot. I do not like Bleach. Yeah yeah it may have been pretty good in the beginning, but after the rescue of Rukia arc, it grows on me for some reason and I just got bored. To be honest, I just dont like those new character/enemy they introduce.

As for Shoujo, I love historical romance! I don't like too much sci-fi or fantasy in it though. A simple Time travel or god related theme work very well for me. Anatolia Story (Red River) and Fushigi Yuugi is ones of my all time favorites. Other genres I like include smut, incest romance, tragedy, and possessive love themes which really attract me. hahahha
Back to top Go down
cimocwonder

PostSubject: Re: What kind of genre's do you like?    What kind of genre's do you like?  EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 6:23 am

I love everything under the sun so long it is not a tragedy (don't fancy the characters I love die)
Back to top Go down
zhafire

PostSubject: Re: What kind of genre's do you like?    What kind of genre's do you like?  EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 10:14 am

Always shoujo! And I do like it when they spice things up with smut and/or comedy! I also don't like the ones where there is tragedies, although Hana to Akuma, even though the ending was a bit sad to me, I have to say that it was a very cool manga! I just avoid reading the very end! haha!
Back to top Go down
tchayna

PostSubject: Re: What kind of genre's do you like?    What kind of genre's do you like?  EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 10:48 am

I definitely like shoujo/romance/smut...!!!!

But i also like other genre like shounen, mystery, fantastic,...!!! It depens!

Back to top Go down
shinouyuki

shinouyuki

PostSubject: Re: What kind of genre's do you like?    What kind of genre's do you like?  EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 10:59 am

Genres: shoujo, josei, romance, school life, horror, mystery

I like smut too lol (probably why I'm working on hanayome xD)
but I'm not too fond of shounen in manga, I prefer it in anime, though the plot goes too quickly and they leave out some important things OTL.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/teshinouyuki
fulllm00n

PostSubject: Re: What kind of genre's do you like?    What kind of genre's do you like?  EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 11:41 am

I generally like romance and shoujo but I sometimes like long shounen series like Bleach and Hitman Reborn.
Back to top Go down
Zumi

PostSubject: Re: What kind of genre's do you like?    What kind of genre's do you like?  EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 3:10 pm

Seinen, Shoujo, Josei, and Shounen...basically everything, lol? I enjoy slice of life stories.
Shounen-ai and shoujo-ai are extremely adorable, so yes, I do like reading them occasionally.

Though, honestly, Smut, Ecchi, etc. aren't really my cup of tea.
Back to top Go down
kanameskye

PostSubject: Re: What kind of genre's do you like?    What kind of genre's do you like?  EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 3:53 pm

I generally read Shoujo, Romance, comedy, and in a school setting mangas, but I do sometimes read action, mystery (detective), shounen mangas.
Back to top Go down
classicorner

PostSubject: Re: What kind of genre's do you like?    What kind of genre's do you like?  EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 8:18 pm

I love smut the most! Especially works by Mayu Shinjo.
Hopefully there'll be more smut works out there! :)
Back to top Go down
eclipse100

PostSubject: Re: What kind of genre's do you like?    What kind of genre's do you like?  EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 1:43 am

I like Romance, Supernatural, fantasy, smut and many more. But I don't like to read horror manga.
Back to top Go down
sugarkitty

PostSubject: Re: What kind of genre's do you like?    What kind of genre's do you like?  EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 8:40 pm

I like anything with romance, hoho. : D I hate tragic stories, though.
Back to top Go down
Mel

PostSubject: Re: What kind of genre's do you like?    What kind of genre's do you like?  EmptyThu May 05, 2011 2:43 pm

Shojo, shounen, josei, romance, fantasy, smut^^
Back to top Go down
kalliniki

kalliniki

PostSubject: Re: What kind of genre's do you like?    What kind of genre's do you like?  EmptyFri May 06, 2011 5:28 pm

i read manga of al genres but i prefer romance and smut!!
Back to top Go down
kalliniki

kalliniki

PostSubject: Re: What kind of genre's do you like?    What kind of genre's do you like?  EmptyFri May 06, 2011 5:30 pm

i read manga of al genres but i prefer romance and smut!!
Back to top Go down
chaos7angel

PostSubject: Re: What kind of genre's do you like?    What kind of genre's do you like?  EmptySun May 15, 2011 11:46 am

I like shoujo, josei, romance
Im fine with genres like action, mystery, fantasy as long as it has some of the above things
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What kind of genre's do you like?    What kind of genre's do you like?  Empty

Back to top Go down

What kind of genre's do you like?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next