Amaranth Scanlations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amaranth Scanlations forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Saiunkoku Monogatari I and II

Go down 
+15
lwamaranth
Ritinha
triny
aikoaiko
dream~
mummypanda
rurihoshi
lily_kitty15
mysticgrl214
cimocwonder
charismadoll
Getsuga_10shou
skyline11
kawaiiusagichan
mysticchowz
19 posters
AuthorMessage
mysticchowz

Saiunkoku Monogatari I and II Empty
PostSubject: Saiunkoku Monogatari I and II   Saiunkoku Monogatari I and II EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 2:44 am

Summary: Born of an old, respected family in the land but subsisting on a low income, Shuurei accepts an invitation to become the new Emperor's concubine while believing that he is homosexual. The real purpose of her marriage is, however, to educate the lazy Emperor. Her close friend, Seiran, also enters the court as royal guard. Things get complicated when the characters unexpectedly develop feelings for each other.

I admire Shuurei's strength and her willingness to work hard to achieve her goals despite rather daunting obstacles. I'm rather curious about Seiga's character in the second season simply because there seems to be a rather interesting story there. All the characters are interesting for one reason or another and the story's pretty good too.
Back to top Go down
kawaiiusagichan

PostSubject: Re: Saiunkoku Monogatari I and II   Saiunkoku Monogatari I and II EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 12:34 pm

I love the art. I don't know about the others, but I LOVE THE ART. A LOOOOT. I think the story is interesting if you stop to appreciate it but if you don't, it feels kind of bland, which is expected of a light novel story, but upon examining it, it certainly is fantastic.

I love Shuurei because she's pretty, smart and strong (mentally). It's really refreshing to see female protagonists being all three and that's a huge reason why I love this. I see so many series with females that deserve a tight slap on the face so this is a nice change. And I really aspire to be like her.
Back to top Go down
skyline11

PostSubject: Re: Saiunkoku Monogatari I and II   Saiunkoku Monogatari I and II EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 2:15 pm

I love, love, LOOOVE this series!!!!!!! =D Mikan and most of the characters are very likeable, the story and art are excellent, and the music is beautiful. =) Definitely a must-watch!!! =D It has funny moments, too..some scenes still make me laugh just thinking about them..haha! =p
Back to top Go down
Getsuga_10shou

PostSubject: Re: Saiunkoku Monogatari I and II   Saiunkoku Monogatari I and II EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 9:21 am

I really enjoyed watching this anime~ :)

It was a good change to see a 'strong' (not physically) main female characters :)

The anime was quite political and all, which was interesting... AND not to forget the bishies~ X)
Back to top Go down
charismadoll

PostSubject: Re: Saiunkoku Monogatari I and II   Saiunkoku Monogatari I and II EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 4:58 pm

Love this anime, I really wish there is season 3 XD. Love it when she show the other men what she can do, and her romance is very touching. This is actually a reverse harem no? and I like reverse harem and theres very few made into anime. Best of all its historical!
Back to top Go down
cimocwonder

PostSubject: Re: Saiunkoku Monogatari I and II   Saiunkoku Monogatari I and II EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 6:14 am

Love the story.. Love the art.. Love music.. Love it. I simply love it
Back to top Go down
mysticgrl214

PostSubject: Re: Saiunkoku Monogatari I and II   Saiunkoku Monogatari I and II EmptySun May 15, 2011 4:36 pm

I watched both seasons and relatively enjoyed it. :) Hopefully, they will release a third season once the novel ends, because I do want to know what happens...
Back to top Go down
lily_kitty15

PostSubject: Re: Saiunkoku Monogatari I and II   Saiunkoku Monogatari I and II EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 8:50 pm

loved the art only watched the 1st season have yet to watch the 2nd
less romance from the female lead which i hate the most when the male or female lead
dont show any hint of romance!

or if they show but wont express and hide there feeling
Back to top Go down
rurihoshi

PostSubject: Re: Saiunkoku Monogatari I and II   Saiunkoku Monogatari I and II EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 6:05 pm

From the very beginning, you know that this is not a "and they all lived happily ever after" anime - mainly because of the fact that it deals with the Shinsengumi. I really liked the characters in this, the art style and the unique story twist that they present. But I have to say, several times I just wanted to cry as I watched one character after another die.
Back to top Go down
mummypanda

PostSubject: Re: Saiunkoku Monogatari I and II   Saiunkoku Monogatari I and II EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 4:40 pm

i do love this but they don't seem to be doing any more .... damn
Back to top Go down
dream~

PostSubject: Re: Saiunkoku Monogatari I and II   Saiunkoku Monogatari I and II EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 11:40 pm

I love this^^ hahaha I fell in love with it when I was in taiwan and I flipped to it on tv~ at first I really got into the story how it was based on the ancient times and characters of how they drew them was just a bonus :3 hahaha its a interesting yet so funny at the same time...
Back to top Go down
aikoaiko

PostSubject: Re: Saiunkoku Monogatari I and II   Saiunkoku Monogatari I and II EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 10:20 pm

I liked this series too. I wish there would be another season cause I want to see how it really ends.

I like how the female lead is a strong character.
Back to top Go down
triny

PostSubject: Re: Saiunkoku Monogatari I and II   Saiunkoku Monogatari I and II EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 5:30 am

I liked this anime from the very first episode. Very good, I highly recommend it. Like many of you I wish there were another season :(
Back to top Go down
Ritinha

PostSubject: Re: Saiunkoku Monogatari I and II   Saiunkoku Monogatari I and II EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 10:31 pm

This anime is so beautiful!!! I don't get it why they don't continue the story...it's so good! It's a petty!
Back to top Go down
lwamaranth

PostSubject: Re: Saiunkoku Monogatari I and II   Saiunkoku Monogatari I and II EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 10:23 pm

The anime was pretty interesting when I saw it a few years ago. The artwork was really nice. The opening and ending were pretty good too.
Back to top Go down
momee

PostSubject: Re: Saiunkoku Monogatari I and II   Saiunkoku Monogatari I and II EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 3:16 am

I was very enthusiastic about this anime in the beginning. I watched the first episodes in the first season. I liked the interaction between shurei and Ryuuki especially when ryuuki acting like he is stupid and pretend to be gay but later on I start to loose interest. So I guess I need to continue watching the rest of the episodes. I guess I started loose interest when I started reading summary of the episodes and some of the episodes becomes boring.
Back to top Go down
Mist(1)

PostSubject: Re: Saiunkoku Monogatari I and II   Saiunkoku Monogatari I and II EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 9:49 am

love this anime
Back to top Go down
KuranRei

PostSubject: Re: Saiunkoku Monogatari I and II   Saiunkoku Monogatari I and II EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 6:33 am

I love Saiunkoku Monogatari. The story was very nice. I love Ryuuki the most. Sadly,they did not continue in the anime. But you can know more about the story by reading the novel.
Back to top Go down
eternaltorture

PostSubject: Re: Saiunkoku Monogatari I and II   Saiunkoku Monogatari I and II EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 7:35 pm

I love this anime, I watched this a few years back and it's one of my favorite all time shoujo anime :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saiunkoku Monogatari I and II   Saiunkoku Monogatari I and II Empty

Back to top Go down

Saiunkoku Monogatari I and II
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Amaranth Scanlations :: Discussion :: Anime-
Jump to: